Sunday, August 9, 2015

First Day of Kindergarten & 3rd Grade!


My little boy is a kindergartner. Sniff sniff... I don't want him to grow up, I really, really, really don't. Every day I want to hold them both a little closer as they are growing up so fast. Two kids in elementary school and life keeps moving faster each day.  Slow down..!!


Here is my third grader - THIRD GRADE! What!?!?  I actually remember my 3rd grade teacher, Mrs Armstrong. I don't know how this is possible. She is growing up so fast, over the summer I couldn't get over how much she matured. We have to much fun together now. Hannah I have our girl time, we giggle, we laugh, we hug. The older she gets, the more I think she may actually appreciate what I do for her. Each day I get more thank you's, more hugs, more appreciation of what it takes to make it all work. This morning I was still sleeping, I never heard her get up, but sure enough, she made herself breakfast and cleaned the whole thing up herself too. Loaded the dishwasher, wiped down the counter. I had to blink to make sure I wasn't still dreaming.  So grown up, so sweet, my little Hannah.



We Hannah promise she would walk Drew to this classroom the first day of school.  She told me he grabbed her hand, and she held his hand walking him to class. So adorable, I wish I had that on camera. Now a week later Drew swears he knows everywhere he is going so Hannah walks him to the stairs and off he goes.


One last Lucy hug before they headed to the bus stop. So happy on that first day, so easy to get out of bed, and ready to go. That lasted the first two days, and the rest of the week... well, that went about how most of last year went. Lots of hurrying up, running around looking for shoes, yelling to hurry of up or you will miss the bus and so on.

Their first week went great, I think they both like their teachers and will have a great year. Hannah worked really hard all summer on her math, Drew practiced some handwriting and I am crossing fingers they have a good year all together.  Here's to the school year being in full swing, and summer coming to an early end.  Go East Side Tigers! :)

No comments: