Our first ever family run! This is my second time running the hot chocolate race. The first time I did the 5k with some friends, and this time I did the 15k while Todd and the kids did the 5k along with our friends again. Getting up at 5:15am on a Sunday morning with 28 degree weather was not easy. Drew popped right out of bed, Hannah on the other hand was not happy about it. It was cold, and early, and we were all tired, but we made it!!
Runner #1 - Drew. Not a lot slows this kid down. He was for sure the youngest participant and couldn't had been happier about being there. This won't be his last race.
Our unhappy riser finally got her mojo and had a great time. Especially when she saw her friends there!!
Todd and the kids were taking some selfies while I was running my heart out. I missed a lot of the fun since I started earlier than them and finished later than them... they were already done with their treats and I was finally done with my 9.6 mile run!
Here are the happy hot chocolate goers! They had different stations along the run where you can get chocolate marshmallows, tootsie rolls, strawberries and more. I only stopped once at mile 8 for one strawberry marshmallow. My stomach was growling and I was starving! The marshmallow did nothing to help that, but at least let me enjoy my last mile and a half!
I am just really happy that we were able to do this as a family. I love having all of us together to do something that is fun, healthy, and helps promote fitness while getting rewarded with a little chocolate too!! :) In 4 weeks I have a half marathon in seaside, fl. I am soooo sore today that I am hoping I can go another 4 miles when the day comes! Need a few more long runs to get my legs used to it. Argh!



No comments:
Post a Comment