Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Happy 5th Birthday Drew!!



Happy 5th birthday to our Drew! This little 5 year old lights up my life each and every day. He makes us laugh, and laugh, and laugh. After all the laughter, he makes our smiles bigger than we knew they could ever be with our love for him.  Drew is one of a kind. He has a personality well beyond his years and loves all things sports, animals and school. It is funny, I look back at some of the other birthday blog entries and laugh because Drew loves all the same things year after year. He goes through obvious stages of growth, development and maturity, but his interests don't change. He loves his sports. He loves extreme sports too. He is just as happy playing soccer as he is wanting to do motocross and water ski. He is never afraid to try something new, and the best part is that he never gives up. His determination, perseverance and courage are traits I admire in him. I wish we all had a little more Drew in us. I really think he can do anything he puts his mind to, and will be more than an adventure watching him grow up. Every year I thank God we made it one more year without any serious injuries :) 



This morning he woke up to his "shark" birthday. He kept telling us he wanted an Atlanta Braves shark baseball party. I was a little unsure how to pull that off. So his birthday morning was shark themed and his actual party this weekend will be baseball themed. He also said he wants to watch the dads play baseball wearing shark hats. And yes, I may have bought a shark hat :) For his birthday he got a remote control helicopter, a baseball bounce back, and an army set. And thank you Andrea for the light sabers and Grandpa John for the remote monster truck. Drew was so happy today, loving all his gifts. Each time we asked him what he wanted for his birthday, he answered with "cheese puffs, cheetos, and cheese balls, as well as a "5".   When he was 2 we were in siesta key and he was mesmerized by the ATV's that picked up the chairs at the end of the day. He called them "5's" because, naturally - they have 4 wheels, plus a steering wheel = a 5.   He has been asking for one for over a year, and finally his dream came true. We gave it to him on Saturday so he could play with it over the weekend, that and I think Todd was really excited to give it to him too! ( and yes, Hannah bought him the cheese balls, puffs, and cheetos!)



Here is my little dare devil. God help us. Full ATV, goes up to 10mph. He has a full helmet, and racing gloves. The smile on his face when he got this will last a lifetime in my memory. Drew + 5 = pure happiness. By Sunday he was doing little jumps in our backyard with a mulch pile. He has clearly watched some racing shows because he was trying to stand up and do tricks. Todd and I were constantly by his side calming his little dare devil side of him down. Wish us luck with this :)

Finally, happy 5th birthday to my little Drew, the "littlest" love of my life on earth. The joy, laughter, smiles, and adventure he brings to our lives is worth everything that comes with it.   I love you little buddy, all your craziness, your spirit and your wit. Stay you and please never change.

Love,
Mom, Dad, Hannah & Murphy

No comments: