Monday, August 4, 2014

1st Day of School 2014 Pre-K and 2nd Grade!


It's official, Drew is in Pre-k and little Miss Hannah is already in 2nd Grade! It all happened, just like that.   All I know is that I think I may just about the cutest little kids I know getting off to school today.  For the first time ever, Drew popped right out of bed. Not sure that will still happen tomorrow, but at least we got one good morning out of him :)


For Hannah, getting on the school bus was like old news. She knew her routine. Woke up to getting dressed, eating some waffles, brushing her teeth, and she was off.  


Cute huh? Love them. So happy to go to school. I know it doesn't last long so I will savor these smiles!


Yes, my little stud dressed himself this morning. Camo backpack, camo shorts, bright red shoes with his new bright red nike jacket. There was nothing to negotiate with him. His way or no way.   But darn it, he pulls it off.  He looked like such a big boy today and could had walked onto that school bus with no qualms. One more year buddy, one more year!


Hannah who also dressed herself with her staple jean jacket that she wore to school almost everyday last spring, and her jean skirt and cute t-shirt, accessorized with her new backpack and lunch bag. She was ready.   Hannah and I took a walk tonight and I asked her 1000 questions about her day. We passed a first grade boys house in the neighborhood and she starting walking real fast and smiled. He was outside playing basketball. I asked her what was up. She said "nothing". I asked her if she thought little Ron was cute? She just smiled. Then she said, "if a boy ignores you, then smiles and points at you with his friends, does that mean he likes you?" I tried to hold myself together and not laugh out loud because she said it so shyly and innocently, it was cute. I responded, well, sounds like that is a little boy who might like you Hannah. Then I asked if she liked him, and her response "mom, I don't want to talk about it anymore". And, the conversation was over. She is 7 and I am already cut off. Who knew?    Anyway, she said she had a great day and liked her teacher. She also told me I should start "googling" more because you can find cool stuff on google. Uh huh.

We are hoping for another successful school year. I hope they both make good friends, learn a lot, and  just enjoy each day. They are both like little sponges and it so so fun to hear about their days and all they learn.

No comments: