Friday, May 23, 2014
Hannah's Last day of 1st Grade!!
WOW! I am way behind these days and have barely gotten the camera out recently. But, I did remember to bring it to the bus stop on the last day of school this week. Wednesday was Hannah's last day of 1st grade. I now have a 2nd grader on my hands, and can hardly believe it. This last school year went so fast. Hannah learned to read, her basic math, and made a lot of good little friends at school. She became buddies with Lucy in her class, and always seemed to get into trouble with her little friend Sean that never stopped talking. Mrs Bicking, her 1st grade teacher said she was a joy to have in the class and was always nice to everyone. Hannah seems to get invited to all the birthday parties in the class, and I find a little notes in her backpack from little girls I have never heard of saying "hannah you are my very best friend". It is cute to see. I think Hannah managed to become friends with just about everyone. I am happy to say she graduated to 2nd grade and we will be looking forward to another fun year at East Side Elementary next year!
Our second annual water balloon, water gun fight at the bus stop was a big hit again with the kids. There are 3 bus stops in our neighborhood, and everyone got out the water balloons and squirters at each stop and soaked the kids. They had a lot of fun and a lot of laughs. After that, pretty much all the kids in the neighborhood headed to the pool for a potluck lunch, lots of cookies and snacks, and a whole lot of fun. We picked Drew up to head to the pool and he was right in the middle of it all. I don't think he stopped swimming and running from 1pm to 8pm when we finally headed home. And, yes both kids fell asleep about 5 minutes after getting home too.
The kids both have a lot to look forward to this summer. Drew has a soccer camp next week, Hannah and Drew will both be attending Vacation Bible School for a week, and golf camp for a few days as well. Hannah will return to her favorite camp from last summer at Chatahooche nature center as well. And, thank god for Tess! She is our full time nanny that gets them from place to place, swim practice, camps, and makes sure they have a lot of fun each day. I have no idea what I would do without her.
We are excited for summer and all that comes with it! I promise to get my camera out a little more often again and do more updates!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment