Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day 2013!!


Happy Mother's Day to all moms out there, Happy Mother's day to my mom! Thank you for all you do! No one every told me I motherhood was so amazingly wonderful, and so hard all at the same time. I am grateful for each and every minute I spend with these two little kids, I feel like the luckiest mom in the world.


Today was perfect, and beautiful gorgeous spring day. I went for a run this morning and Todd took the kids to Sope Creek to get some photos. He says he was really really careful, but I pretty much freaked out when he downloaded the pictures and showed them to me. In the background of each picture, just a foot away from the kids was a 4ft brown snake with it's head arched up, eyes open, mouth open.  Ummmm, lets just say I would had FREAKED out if I were there, and I think we won't be using these photos until there is a some good photo shop work done!   I won't even post the ones where you see that icky scary snake in the background. OMG! ICK!!!

Beyond that, a great day spent having a little alone time to run and relax, and quality time at the pool with the kids and their friends and parents, then played tennis for a few hours with friends while ordering pizza at the park for the kids. Kind of a perfect day if you ask me.

The kids made me a bunch of home made cards and mother's day gifts which are adorable. Drew sang me a little mothers day song and I got a lot of hugs. Todd got a cute bouquet of flowers and some new shoes!  I feel blessed just to have them part of me life.

I look at Drew and think, hmmm. He is strong and willful and there are moments I wonder if he will be in jail before the age of 10. He over powers his 6 year old sister knocking her down and punching her, he looks me in the eye and shouts " I no like you". In those moments I wonder where in the world he came from ( clearly not my personality right?) and what in the world to do with my little boy with his olive skin, bright greenish blue eyes and a funny little laugh that can melt away every little bit of frustration in 2 seconds. For each moment he is more like a tyrant that I know what to do with, there are  at least 100 more moments where he is sweet, gentle, caring, loving and just plain hilarious.   When he is a tyrant, he is Todd's child, when he is sweet and caring, clearly my child. It's just the way it works.

And Hannah. She is caring, loving, sweet, gentle, smart, funny, silly, and sassy. When I look at Hannah, I know exactly where she came from. She is the perfect combination of both Todd and I. She has Todd's emotional nature, his sensitivity, and artistic abilities and love for life. She somehow, not sure how, picked up a little sassy from me with some attitude when she wants it to come out. I am still in awe how that could had happened?? :)  I can't believe I am going to be a mom of a 1st grader in a few short months. We are about to have a kindergarten graduate here soon. I couldn't be more proud of her strength, perseverance and hard work at school over the last year. She amazes me each day with all she is learning.

I can't help but to be a proud mom. I have two of the most amazing kids on earth, and an amazing husband that gives 110% each day to being a great dad and mentor to both of them. I love you all. Thanks for making me a mom, and making each and every day special.

1 comment:

Kim said...

I found myself smiling at my computer while I read this. You are a great mom! They are just as lucky to have you as you are to have them.