Friday, September 28, 2012
Ni Hao! 我愛中國
I made it there and back again. My first trip to China. Eleven long days, with a little fun in between all the work. The flight there was LONG. Atlanta, to Seattle, to Tokoyo to Shenzen. 22 hours later we were in China. We started in Shenzen with a lot of work, and little free time. After 7 days in Shenzen, when we were all ready to leave the humidity and pollution we headed to Shanghai, which was pretty cool to say the least. 25 million people and counting live in the city. It was huge, and kept on going. Beautiful city with amazing skyline views.
Here are some of my co-workers I was with. From left to right, Stacy, Kate, Jen, me and Elizabeth
Here is a temple at old Shanghai from the 18th century, it was amazing and beatufil.
We think the rock says "shanghai" Included in this photo are our co-workers from the Shenzen office. They were so fun and great co-workers. They were great tour guides and made sure we didn't get lost anywhere too!
I just thought the architecture was amazing at the temple, hard to believe they did all those so long ago without any technology.
My new friend Kathy and I. Kathy completely cracked me up all trip and taught me a lot about Chinese culture. She was as funny and sweet as they come. She works in the home depot shenzen office and has a daughter the same age as Hannah.
In between work, we got traditional chinese foot massages, 2 hours, $50, worth every penny.
I got to know Tsingtao beer pretty well on the trip, especially enjoyed during our 2 hours massage.
Traditional chinese formal dinner our last night included duck. Head and all. I didn't take pictures of the other items, there was plenty to capture though. I pretty much ate green beans, white rice and bread.
Apparently all of China was going to know we were in town. Across the street from that building is where all our work meetings were held.
We spent A LOT of time in the care traveling to Chinese factories. I am pretty educated on the materials, construction, assembly of blinds, garage shelving and furniture at this point.
This is what most of Shenzen looked like outside the city walls. And, where we spent a lot of our trip. We are very lucky to live in the United States!
And what's a trip to China without brining the kids back some goodies. They loved their chinese outfits.
Drew the dragon warrior and Hannah the chinese princess.
And a panda hat!!
Overall, it was a great trip but very happy to be home. An amazing experience to learn a new culture, new friends and see new sights. But always happiest to be home with my family. Until next time, Ni Hao!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment