Today was Hannah's 1st softball game. She is playing at Mt Bethel Church on the K-2 girls team. There are 3 Hannah's on the team which Hannah thought was pretty funny. Also on the team are Hannah's friends from the neighborhood Camden and Alexandra. Camden is on Hannah's right side and is in 1st grade, and Alexandra is in the second row on the left, she is in second grade. The 3 girls are becoming good buddies.
Hannah played 3rd base and did EXACTLY what they do in practice. She would run and catch the ball, and throw the ball back to the pitcher, regardless of where runners were or where the ball needed to go. She wasn't too worried about getting back to third base to out a runner, she would just throw is right back to the pitcher :) Oh, and the picture of Hannah above would also be a picture of her watching the soccer game on the field next to the softball field :)
We are exactly sure how Hannah managed to actually see the ball she was hitting, but she did hit the ball. All the girls helmets were falling over their faces and like the picture below, they all ran holding their helmets up. It was pretty funny and cute.
And she runs, and runs. The first time she hit the ball, she was a little unsure of running to first base, then just stopped. She made is to second base after the hitter after her passed her. Entertaining at best. By the second inning, she was in full swing and knew what to do with a little help from the coaches.
Here is Hannah's biggest fan. He did a lot of clapping, yelling go Hannah, and played with the girls in the dugout.
It was a cute little game. All the kids would go up to bat, and just keep swinging until they hit the ball. They all got the run the bases one way or another. They made it a lot of fun. Later in the evening, we went to dinner with our neighbors and all the kids. We had an adult table of 6 adults, and a kids table of 5 girls and Drew. He seems to get a lot of attention from all these little girls and seems to like it :) We had a great time and are so grateful that we have such fun neighbors and friends!
And now, I get ready to say a little "Ni Hao" for the next two weeks as I head out to China for work. I will be in Hong Kong, Shenzen and Shanghai. Wish me luck, or better yet, wish Todd, Grandma and Grandpa luck with the kids while I am gone. I am sure going to miss them a lot, but also look forward to the opportunity to see a new culture and different part of the world. I'll be signing off for a few weeks unless I figure out how to load pics from China. I'll be signing back on in October. Stay tuned!
No comments:
Post a Comment