We had a great Thanksmas this year! Thanksgiving + Christmas = Thanksmas in Ohio with the Dice family. The kids get so excited about this each year and talk about it all fall! They love spending time with their cousins, aunt, uncle and grandma and grandpa. With Hannah's tears the morning she left, I think Grandma and Grandpa know how much she loves them and loves going to Ohio. I am happy that everyone gets along so well and Drew isn't biting Lucas anymore :)
Kiddos in front of Grandma and Grandpa's tree.
Hannah beyone excited to get "coconut" the american girl pet she has been asking for for months now.
And who knew some frogs would make a little boy so happy. Look at that smile on his face??!??!
Grandpa was content with his vodka tonics and Murphy to keep him company. I think Murphy got so much love from Grandpa he turned his allegiance over to Grandpa by the second day we were there. Wherever Grandpa went, Murphy followed :)
The kids got an xbox one from Grandma and Grandpa and they are already having a blast with it. It is funny to watch them play and get it all figured out. Super fun!!
The kids got two of Ohio's finest while we were there, Skyline Chili and Bill's donuts.. and Grandma's cooking. Nothing can beat it. When I was driving Hannah to Jeff and Nikki's she quietly asked me from the backseat if coming to Ohio remind's me of my childhood. It was really cute. I told her of course it does. I think about being a kid, the things I did, the friends I had, all the simplicity there was 25 years ago versus today. She told me she thought Ohio was really peaceful because she likes the farms and the big yards that each house has. Sometimes I forgot what a dense area we live in now and how different it really is. I love that Hannah is getting to an age that she understands that and thinks about it. She later followed up with saying, "Mom, I think sometimes you are really weird, but I also think you would had been a funny kid and we would had been good friends" That is probably the nicest compliment that Hannah has ever given me :)
Merry Thanksmas everyone! And thank you to the Dice's for making it so wonderful!!

No comments:
Post a Comment