Thursday, January 10, 2013

Happy 6th Birthday Hannah!


Tuesday was Hannah's actual birthday, and her first day back to school after winter break. She was excited to see her friends and share all she did over break. She brough chocolate chip cookies, and sugar sprinkle cookies for her class to celebrate. For dinner on her birthday, she chose to go to Chili's. She loves their corn dogs?!. Both kids were really tired after being back at school and barely lasted through dinner. Afterwards, went straight to bed. I wasn't the most exciting day, but I think her weekend more than made up for that!



I always enjoy setting up the kitchen table with the kids balloons and presents on their birthday morning It's like waking up christmas morning, they get so excited about it. Hannah got lots of art supplies for her birthday from mom and dad, new playdoh, and a tennis and ballet outfit for her new american girl doll. I think she was pretty happy.

I still can't get over that Hannah is 6. The other night I was putting Hannah to bed and she loves to hear stories about when she was a baby. I told her a few little funny things that she did, and then she kept asking for more stories. I had that moment of my mind going a little blank in a state of panic feeling like I have already forgotten so many of those cute little things she has said or done, all those things you vow to never forget. In the moment, you can't imagine every little adorable funny thing they did or said they made you laugh out loud, or just have that moment of pure joy and feeling like you are the luckiest person in the world to  be part of this little girls life, that you could possibly imagine forgetting all those little things that make being a parent worth it. But I am slowly forgetting the baby memories and toddler hood, I am sad about that. When I have bad days at work sitting at my desk wondering what in the world I am doing, I pull up this very blog created to seal some of these memories for life, and smile again. What brings me happiness are the very memories that are created each day, and knowing the present far outweighs the past, and the future holds even more.

Hannah is a beautiful, silly, funny and shy little girl. We love her to pieces, as well as all who meet her. We get so many compliments from friends, family, and teachers that truly enjoy her sweetness and agreeable nature. That being said, she is no angel, and seems to be a lot sweeter for these people than for us at home, but it makes me proud that she at least knows right from wrong and actively chooses her best manners outside the home.   It is so fun to watch her grow, and her demeanor is unchanged since her toddler days. She still loves to play teacher, draw, play anything art, and playing with her friends. She enjoys tennis and ballet for activities of choice, and just asked to be signed up for softball again with her friends this spring. We look forward to year 6 and all the memories to be made!

Happy Birthday our little sweet Hannah!!
We love you,
Mom, Dad, Drew & Murphy

No comments: